Friday, January 11, 2008

Visit to Spezi Show in April

Chop Rossiter tells us:
"In conjunction with Peter Eland of the cycle magazine Velo Vision plans are advancing for the proposed trip to the excellent Spezi Cycle Show in Germany, approx 26th -28th April 2008 (exact timings to be announced).
We would meet from outside Kings Cross, London and then travel in my Rock Band Tour Bus via Calais-Brussels-Aachen border-Koblenz-Mannheim-Germersheim (travel time 10-12 hours approx).
My bus has 14 bunks available all with 240v power, 3 lounges with media, kitchen and toilet
There is room in the luggage bays for bikes etc (most people are bringing folders); I will be bringing 3 or 4 folders, my Long-john, 2 BoB trailers.
We would park at a campsite nearby in order to connect to 220v and to use the toilets & showers.
Sleep on the bus saving the hassle of finding an hotel.
Then cycle to the show, any purchases could be brought back to the bus in the Long-john or trailers.
This is a unique opportunity to live the 'Rock' dream, meet fellow cycle nuts and enjoy a relaxed way to get you & your cycle to a great European Cycle Show.
Price will be in the region of £250 per person (final figure depends on confirmed bookings and expense costs).
Please visit the Velo Vision website and register your interest ASAP."


Unfortunately for me, I am a very bad traveller, especially by bus, so I won't be able to go, but if it were not for this I would be on for this.